BMS Turbo Double Baffle Oil Catch Can for G Chassis B58 M240i M340i M440i
Keep Oil Out of your G20 B58 BMW Air Intake System!
It's no secret that BMW turbo motors can suffer from oil control problems causing the oil to blow through and coat the intercooler and charge piping, gunking up intake valves and the VANOS system, lowering the effective octane, and generally degrading engine performance. The higher your boost levels the more apparent these problems become.
The solution to this problem has finally arrived. The BMS oil catch can. While there are other catch cans on the market they all fall short in various areas. Some are mounted on the hot/turbo side of the motor preventing proper vapor condensation. Others utilize hoses that are too small and runs that are too long to allow proper PCV ventilation causing internal motor/ring sealing issues. Some have insufficient or no internal baffle system while others have internal baffles systems that are too restrictive. Some even bypass the PCV system all together venting crankcase gas and odor to the atmosphere. Most are simply repackaged oil catch cans from smaller / lower power motors shoehorned into place in the turbo BMW engine bay.
To solve these problems BMS designed their oil catch can kit from the ground up specifically for the turbo BMW application. It features 100% CNC machining with zero welding for a precision fit and long life. The can itself is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. The hoses exceed the OEM PCV piping in diameter and that flow rate is maintained throughout the entire oil catch can ensuring no excessive crankcase pressure buildup. The BMS OCC retains the factory fully closed loop PCV operation preventing any PCV vapor from leaking to atmosphere. The mounting locations are selected to minimize the line length, allow more efficient operation, and retain a stealth look. Install takes around 20 minutes, includes all required hardware, and is 100% reversible. Simply unscrew the base of the can or use the drain plug to safely dispose of captured oil with the rest of your used motor oil during oil changes. Made in the USA.
Requires either the BMS G20 Intake or the BMS B58 BMW M240i M340i Competition Cold Air Intake to fit or if you would like to keep the factory intake you can use the BMS G20 B58 intake muffler delete to make room needed for the can.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Increases Air Intake Efficiency
• Promotes Engine Longevity
• Non-Clogging Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• Free Flow Solid No Restriction Design
• Retains factory fully closed loop PCV operation
• Large Intake/Outlet No Tapering Down
• Anodized Black Aluminum
• Made in the USA & Guaranteed for Life
• Simply unscrew the base every 3-6 months to empty or use the 1/8th NPT drain plug.
• Non-Clogging, No Service Needed Air/Oil Separation Double Baffle
• High flow to eliminate crankcase pressure caused by more restrictive designs
• Large 16mm+ inlet and outlet exceeds OEM PCV sizing
• Precision CNC Machined from Solid Blocks of High-Grade Aluminum
BMW 2 Series
• 2022+ G42 B58 BMW M240i and M240i xDrive
BMW 3 Series
• 2019+ G20 G21 B58 BMW M340i and M340i xDrive
BMW 4 Series
• 2021+ G22 G23 G26 B58 M440i/M440iX/Gran Coupe
KIT INCLUDES(1) BMS N54 Oil Catch Can
(1) Billet B58 bracket
(1) 90º billet fitting/nipple
(1) Custom Silicone inlet hose
(1) 3.5" Straight hose
(2) Stainless steel bracket screws #10-32 x 1/2" internal hex socket head
Kit for factory intake includes the BMS B58 intake muffle delete
Can dimensions with lid: 4.4" (111mm) Tall
Can Diameter: 2.7" (68.5mm)
Lid Length: Back to nozzle end: 4" (101mm)
Nozzle Outer Diameter: .75" (19.2mm)
Nozzle Inner Diameter: 0.669" (17mm)
Can Capacity: 2.5 oz (74 ml)