The N54 PCV Valve is an upgraded replacement PCV valve for your N54 BMW engine and is strongly recommended for your high-performance (or higher mileage) N54.
The OEM BMW plastic PCV valve does not hold pressure well even when brand new. What the leaky PCV valve means is that when you are in boosted conditions, the "highly" pressurized PCV valve leaks turbocharged pressures into the crankcase. Depending on the condition of your PCV valve it could leak worse than others. Also if for some reason your valve cover is cracked, loose, or has a bad gasket; you also could develop a pressure leak either external to the engine or internal into the crankcase causing further pressurization of the crankcase or other oil loss issues.
We have two options to choose from
1) Burger Motorsports N54 BMW Replacement PCV Valve
2) RB N54 BMW Replacement PCV Valve
BMW 1 Series
• 2008-2010 E82 Coupe 135i
• 2008-2010 E88 Convertible 135i
• 2011 E82 1M
BMW 3 Series
• 2006-2010 E90 Sedan 335i/335ix
• 2006-2010 E91 Touring 335i/335ix
• 2006-2010 E92 Coupe 335i/335ix
• 2006-2010 E93 Convertible 335i/335ix
• 2011-2013 E92 Coupe 335is
BMW 5 Series
• 2008-2010 E60 Sedan 535i/535ix
• 2008-2010 E61 Touring 535i/535ix
BMW 7 Series
• 2008-2012 F01/F02/F03/F04 740i/740il
BMW X Series
• 2008-2018 BMW E71 X6 xDrive35i
BMW Z Series
• 2009-2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i, 35is
• The solution will only fix the OEM PCV valve itself and not a leaky valve cover gasket, which is also a very common problem on the N54 Engine. We do recommend if EVER pulling off the valve cover to always replace the OEM gasket with a new one and use a light amount of high-quality sealant around these pressurization ports that are fed through each intake port.
•The upgraded PCV Valve solution will not negate the Pro's of Oil Catch Cans but could reduce what they otherwise collect. It also could be reasoned that those who catch a TON of oil have a less "healthy" internal valve cover PCV valve or PCV systems, or alternatively, engines that produce excess blow-by.